- As the name Rotary implies, continuous juice screening is effected on a wedge bar type screen fitted on a cylindrical drum mounted in horizontal position with appropriate slope towards non-drive end.
- Unlike in case of stationary parabolic screen, the entire screening area provided in the rotary screen is fully utilized and hence maximum screening efficiency is achieved.
- The dynamic movement of screen allows utilization of smaller size wedge bar opening for removal of even the smallest Bagacillo particles from mill juice.
- The diameter, the length of the screen, the speed of the rotating screen and its inclination are such designed that complete drainage of juice is ensured.
- Maximum screen surface area per unit cane crushing capacity of the plant.
- S.S construction inclined bottom juice collecting tray in half cylindrical shape having amply sized outlet nozzle ensure quick removal of screened juice preventing
- Stagnancy of juice at any qurner to avoid build-up of microorganism colonies.
- Drum rotates freely on four no. wheel each fitted in two sets of spherical roller bearings.
- Continuous automatic operation.
- Automatically operated Wash water strainer.
- All four nos. bearings are with lubrication system.
- Repair kit and installation tools.
- Caustic soda re-circulation system for removal of microbial colonies.
- Totally enclosed motors.
- Reduced deposits of Bagacillo and sand mud particles in the juice heaters, juice sulphites, clarifiers etc.
- Especially Bagacillo deposits in the heaters will be less to a great extent thus reducing time and manpower for cleaning of juice heaters.
IMPROVED COLOUR OF SUGAR DUE TO
- Reduction in colour formation due to Bagacillo reaction with milk of lime at high temperature.
- Clarity of clear juice improved.
- Savings in chemicals (which otherwise would have reacted with bagacillo coming with juice)
- Elimination of deposits of bagacillo particles on the sugar crystals in Vacuum pan, which will impart under colour with passage of time.
- Improved efficiency of downstream processing equipment.
- With increased efficiency of separating juice and bagacillo, more bagacillo will be going back to mills and from there to the boilers.
- Less space requirement on the mills.
- On-line and automatic cleaning of the screen at pre-set interval is possible.
- Less maintenance and no on-line adjustments, supervision is required.
- No chocking of screens.
- Lower power requirements.
- Can work at reduced crush rate with same efficiency.
- Eliminates the requirement of static screens and suitable locating the rotary screen also elements screw conveyer.
- The filter is composed of a hollow drum rotating about a horizontal axis and partly submerged in the liquid to be filtered.
- The periphery of the drum serves as the filtering surface; it is divided into 24 independent sections, each occupying 15° on the circumference, and extending along the full length of the drum.
- Each of these sections is connected individually to a vacuum system by a small metal pipe terminating in a distributing valve situated at one end of the drum and carrying three different sectors:
(a) One without connection to the vacuum, but connected to the atmosphere
(b) The second communicating with a chamber where a low vacuum, of the order of 15-30cm (6-12 in.) of mercury, is maintained
(c) The third connecting to a chamber where a higher vacuum is maintained, of the order of 40 - 50 cm (15-20in.) of mercury.
The exterior surface of the drum consists of a sheet of copper or stainless steel with very fine perforations, covering the 24 sections